Location: Virtual via Zoom
Co-Chairs: Kristen Cardoso (UCSC), Katie O’Connell (HML)
Attendees: Katie O’Connell (HML), Kris Amaral (MCFL), Alicia Martinez (WPL), Deborah Stephens (HCL), John Brady (CSUMB)
Today’s recorder: John Brady
Agenda review: Approved
Approve minutes from last meeting: Approved without correction
- Admin Council: No report (next meeting not until March)
April Workshop Logistics
- Tentatively scheduled for April 10, 1-4 pm
- If this date ends up not working, committee will consider holding the workshop in May instead (possibly May 8 or 15)
- 4-5 presenters, interspersed with hands-on activity and a break
- Katie spoke to Glenn about reserving computer lab at MPC for workshop. Lab is only available Friday afternoons.
- Discussed whether it’s still worthwhile to include a hands-on portion, which would require holding the workshop in the afternoon (in the past workshops have been scheduled for morning). Agreed that in addition to presenters, workshop should feature hands-on activity.
- Discussed webinar suggestion. Committee agrees that it would be better to point attendees to resources they can watch at a later time, rather than watch webinar during the workshop.
- Will confirm with Admin Council on amount authorized to spend on workshop.
- Steph Bradley, Director of Content Services at Digital Deployment. Steph will speak about accessibility from a web developer perspective. In the event that Steph is not available on the selected date, another member of the Digital Deployment team may be able to fill in instead.
- Bookmark with resources listed on one side, and descriptions of core accessibility concepts on the other.
- Kris will ask staff member to create bookmark and possibly flyer as well.
- Will look into how/where to print bookmarks.
- Reviewed current draft. Katie will continue working on manual and may assign sections or ask for volunteers.
Public comment: None
Next meeting place: March 20, 2020 — 2-4pm, TBD