Technology Committee Meeting
Technology Committee Meeting – September 18, 2019 – SPL
Co-chairs Kristen Cardoso (UCSC), Katie O’Connell (HML)
Today’s recorder : Alicia Martinez (WPL)
Attendees : Deborah Stephens (HCL), Katie O’Connell (HML), Kristen Cardoso (UCSC), Glenn Tozier (MPC), Alicia Martinez (WPL), Katharine Dixon (SPL), Mila Rianto (SPL), Kris Amaral (MCFL), and Stacy DeMatteo (NPL)
Agenda Review : OK
Approve minutes : The minutes were approved.
MOBAC Reports :
- Administrative Council: Katie O’Connell will be attending the meeting scheduled for this month. Guidelines for new chairs
- Reference Committee: Fall Workshop “Community Conversations: Harwood Institute Model for Libraries” Friday, October 18th 9-12 at Marina Library
- SPLAMBA: no report
- Literacy Committee: no report
- ILL Committee: no report
- Review report on usage statistics on Committee’s Youtube videos: Kristen reported that the MOBAC Tech videos had zero views. Currently there are 16 videos and 6 playlists. The Reference Committee Workshop video titled “Coping with Customer Service” Part I had 40 views and Part 2 had 12 views. It was noted that the audio quality was poor and a suggestion was made that the PA system be used for better sound for recording purposes. Action Items: Create a checklist for using equipment (battery); submit a request if captioning is needed; upload to neo.gov website; and hyperlink presenters.
- Review and select proposed online training: Members decided to view Graphic Design: Elements of Design. Report findings at October meeting.
- Review web accessibility resources and discuss next steps: Discussion about the idea of partnering with other organizations that are revamping their website to meet ADA guidelines. Create a guide with basics to hand out at the spring workshop. Members tasked to evaluate one of the Accessibility Resources and answer the following questions upon completing the training:
- What x would I like to have known before?
- What was the most useful concept made that made you understand how it works and why?
Public Comment : None
Next Meeting : October 16, 2019 Monterey Peninsula College