Technology Committee Meeting
Technology Committee Meeting – March 21, 2018 – HCL
MOBAC Technology Committee Agenda
Meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month
March 21, 2018 from 2:00 – 4:00
Place: Hartnell College Library
411 Central Avenue Salinas, CA 93901
Co-Chairs: Kris Amaral (MCFL), Deborah Stephens (HCL)
Today’s recorder: Alicia Martinez
Attendees: Kris Amaral (MCFL), Deborah Stephens (HCL), Kim Smith (MPL), Katie O’Connell (HML), Alicia Martinez (WPL), Katharine Dixon (SPL), Stacy DeMatteo (NPS)
Agenda review: No changes
Approve minutes from last meeting: Approved
- Request for external microphone and battery for video camera will be placed on the next agenda for approval. Should we order more of each for backup?
- Funding request for committee workshops can be done at each meeting. Email Carol Frost (PLS) prior to meeting. Kris will confirm once request is approved, how money is distributed.
- Discussion about rotating committee members to Chair at the June 15th meeting.
- Discussion about planning one regional meeting hosted by Admin Council to invite boards and other committee representatives for informational, networking and advocacy.
- PLP meets once a year; discussion to change to meet twice a year. Going over LSTA grants awarded.
- Admin Council Reps to attend National Library Legislative Day in Washington D.C. from May 7-8 to learn effective advocacy tactics and be briefed about pressing federal legislative issues that are impacting libraries.
- The committee will be updating the Monterey County Local History Directory to reflect each institutions local history collection.
- The committee will host a workshop on Friday, March 23 at Watsonville Public Library on Diversity in Children’s Literature and created a booklist titled “Mirrows and Windows.”
- Meets quarterly at Watsonville Public Library.
- Kathy Andrews talked about SPL’s Computer Programming and ESL Classes.
- Discussion to focus on a project to contribute to the MOBAC website. Deborah suggested on working on a “best practices” page for accessibility of documents on websites (screen readable PDFs and/or HTML content) in order to be ADA compliant.
- SQL Training with Lynda.com
Public comment: None
Next business meeting place: April 18– 2-4pm MPL