Technology Committee Meeting
Technology Committee Meeting Minutes — January 16, 2019 — Harrison Memorial, Park Branch Library
Co-Chairs: Kris Amaral (MCFL), Deborah Stephens (HCL)
Today’s recorder: Katie O’Connell (HML)
Attendees: Kris Amaral (MCFL), Katharine Dixon (SPL), Alicia Martinez (WPL), Katie O’Connell (HML), Kim Smith (MPL), Deborah Stephens (HCL), Julie Weirick (PGPL)
- Agenda review: Accepted as presented
- Approve minutes from last meeting: One correction, Kim Smith did not attend December meeting.
- Workshop Update: Date: April 12, 2019 – 9-12 noon Location: Marina Community Room Speakers (confirmed): Nicole Cuadra – San Mateo County Libraries- Lookmobile, Digital Nest, MCFL Makerspace Team, Maggie Melone-Echiburu – Hartnell College Makerspace No response from My Museum/Wheelie Mobilee or CSUMB. Discussed having workshop begin with hands-on time to maximize attendee access, followed by speaker presentations. Attendance open to all interested individuals, but will ask for RSVPs to help with workshop preparation Julie will draft flyer and Kris’s contact will help with graphic design. Katie will be responsible for refreshments.
- Administrative Council:
- The directors for SPL and MCFL have both left for new positions.
- Admin council is starting election of officers.
- Policy amendment: committees can request up to $200 at anytime during the year. The requests can go directly to the chair of admin council, who can approve (or deny) the request and forward it to PLP without waiting for a meeting of the admin council.
- Reference Committee: no meeting
- Literacy Committee:
- Discussion: Accessibility for Web Design – the second hour of training on Lynda.com Detailed discussion postponed to February meeting to allow committee members more time to finish webinar and test their websites.
Public comment: none
Next business meeting place: March 20, 2019, 2-4pm, Hartnell