MOBAC ILL Committee Meeting MINUTES July 10, 2012
CSUMB 2:00-4:00 P.M.
Attending: Irma NPG, Carol MIIS, Jean Harrison, Ray MCFL, Kirk MPC, Rebecca CSUMB, Susan WPL
Scribe: Susan WPL
Call to Order:
Additions/Changes to the agenda:
Adoption of the Minutes of April 10, 2012
Administrative Council: continued discussion of the Brown Act – if the meetings are covered by this act, no changes to the agenda will be permitted; agenda to be posted 3 days in advance; public can attend and add comment but not agenda items; other items required but they are already on the MOBAC website. PLP withdrawal seems unlikely; financial independence uncertain; discussion of PLP fees and what libraries are being subsidized.
Technology Committee: GDAO workshop a success – visit gdao.org for slides and video; possible new workshop on website design
SPLAMBA: last meeting canceled; summer reading mania; creating a brochure on grades K-1 Becoming a Reader
Reference Committee: New chair Inga Labeaune MPL; Oct 4 workshop formerly Hands On, now Future of Reference-there will be 5 or 6 presenters.
1. Look at results of Survey Monkey on importance of courier: Susan went over the survey. Discussion of courier cost and level of service. Apparently Elizabeth Martinez announced in March at an Admin Council meeting that Salinas was stopping ILL – temporarily or permanently? general uncertainty of what this bodes; PLP pays for courier service out of MOBAC dues
2. ILL Alternatives: we are all appreciative for Jean’s work on this document; discussion and changes suggested
3. Share proposal to Council on Courier Recommendations, get committee approval, submit to Council general discussion over recommendations; corrections made; Susan, Jean, and Rebecca will submit finalized documents to the listserv for any comment asap or by Monday the 16th – comment closed Friday the 20th, Rebecca will submit to Admin Council by their deadline.
4. Rules for lending new acquisitions: short discussion, tabled to next meeting.
5. Committee Roster: updated
Announcements MCFL patron Rebecca successfully named Monty the Burro and received fabulous prizes.
News from the Libraries
Agenda items for next meeting
Review lending policy for items published within the last 18 months
Annual Report to Admin Council
Next Meeting Date/Time: MIIS Tuesday, October 9, 2012/ 2:00
Meeting adjourned: approximately 4:45