MOBAC Administrative Council
Friday, February 12, 2016
Watsonville Public Library
275 Main Street, Suite 100
Watsonville, CA 95076
9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Council: Eleanor Uhlinger (NPS), Carol Heitzig (WAT), Deborah Ruiz (MPC), Nora Conte (SBFPL), Tammy Lowery (DLI), John Bono (UCSC)
Others: Donna Truong (MOBAC), Cathy Andrews (MCFL), Be Astengo (MCFL), Kristen Cardoso (MIIS), Irma Fink (NPS), Betty Mason (SBFPL)
Proxies: Eleanor Uhlinger for Georg Romero (CAB), Be Astengo for Jayanti Addleman (MCFL), and Kristen Cardoso for Peter Liu (MIIS)
The February 12, 2016 meeting was held at Watsonville Public Library and chaired by Uhlinger.
- Agenda: Adopted (Ruiz/Bono).
- Minutes: December 11, 2015 approved (Astengo/Ruiz).
- PLP Update: PLP Executive Board approved $69,675 of C&D fund to continue PLP Enki subscription until July 1, 2016. There will be about $39,000 left in C&D funds that need to be spent. PLP has two Library Leadership groups this year: one for executives and one for middle managers. Wayne Wiegand, an American library historian and author, will be the speaker for the Annual meeting, May 6th in San Jose.
- MOBAC will ask PLP Executive Council to waive Participation fee FY 15/16 for San Juan Bautista.
- Lowery and Bono agreed to serve on the Nominating Committee for Vice Chair 16/17.
- All committees gave their reports.
- News was shared by libraries attending.
Next MOBAC Council meeting: Harrison Memorial Library, April 8, 2016.