MOBAC Administrative Council
Friday, October 11, 2013
Watsonville Public Library
275 Main Street, Suite 100.
Watsonville, CA 95076
9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Council: Georg Romero (CAB), Teresa Landers (SCPL), Carol Heitzig (WAT),Deborah Ruiz (MPC)
Others: Chris Ricker (MCFL), Donna Truong (MOBAC), Inga Labeaune (MPL), Cathy Andrews (MCFL), Ashlee Wright (HML), Irma Fink (NPS)
Proxies: Ricker for MCFL, Labeaune for MPL, Romero for HCL and NPS.
The October 11, 2013 meeting was held at the Watsonville Public Library and chaired by Romero.
1. Agenda: Adopted (Landers/Heitzig).
2. Minutes: August 16, 2013 approved (Landers/Ricker).
3. Committee Liaison’s role: All MOBAC committees appreciate having a Council liaison present or available by phone when they have the meeting, but felt that regular communication between Council and committees was most important. Council members discussed difficulties with regular attendance. At the next meeting, Council will explore more ideas to help committee members.
4. Strategic Planning Committee: Contract with Jane Light has been signed.
5. PLP Update:
- ENKI collection is now available to all PLP members. Truong will resend the ENKI link. Califa received $175,000 from the State Library for this project.
- PLP is interested in bringing MOBAC workshops outside of the MOBAC area. PLP will reimburse for staff time and travel costs. Jackson from PLP will meet with PLP Staff Development Committee to discuss and develop a plan. MOBAC Reference Committee is interested in having workshops in other PLP libraries.
6. Summer Council meeting discussion: posted this item until May 2014. Possible meeting date maybe in September or November.
7. ILL, Reference and Technology Chairs presented their annual reports. SPLAMBA will be reported at the next meeting.
There was no public comment.
8. News was shared by libraries attending.
- Report from Strategic Planning Committee
- Annual reports from SPLAMBA
- Workshops outside MOBAC area
- Committee liaison discussion
Next MOBAC Council meeting: December 13, Monterey Public Library