MOBAC Administrative Council
Friday, April 11, 2014
San Benito County Free Library
470 5th Street
Hollister, CA 95023
9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Council: Georg Romero (CAB), Teresa Landers (SCPL), Peter Liui (MIIS), Eleanor Uhlinger (NPS), Carol Heitzig (WAT), Jayanti Addleman (MCFL), Nora Conte (SBFL)
Others: Irma Fink (NPS),Donna Truong (MOBAC), Ashlee Wright (HML), Mary Elturk (PAC); Ron Eastwood, Lights of Literacy Fall 2014 Event
Proxies: Wright for HML, Romero for GAV and MPC, Uhlinger for MPL, PAC and DLI and Liu for HCL.
The April 11, 2014 meeting was held at San Benito County Free Library and chaired by Uhlinger.
1. Agenda: Adopted (Landers/Addleman).
2. Minutes: December 13, 2013 approved (Landers/Romero).
3. Literacy Campaign for Monterey County: Eastwood talked about “read to me” and other fund raising that helps literacy. Council wanted more detail before making decision.
4. Strategic Planning Committee: The full report will be available at the Council meeting in June
5. PLP Update:
- Staff Exchange program will open to all level, not just librarians.
- Minor changes in PLP By-laws.
- Addleman will represent MOBAC next year.
- PLP workshops: Who Needs Libraries: Services and Facilities Planning for the Future and Black Belt Librarian Library Security in the Real World were very well received.
- PLP fees will be reviewed in FY 14/15.
- PLP Annual Meeting will be on May 9, 2014 at Santa Clara City Library.
5. Technology Funding request: Additional $300 will be provided by PLP. This was budgeted for ILL committee but the group has not spent any this year.
7. Use of MOBAC fund balance: Up to $10,000 from MOBAC fund balance will be used to help members with PLP’s membership fees (Romero/Heitzig). UCSC library is one of the members who need subsidy because of the higher PLP fees. It is very important that UCSC remains a MOBAC/PLP member.
8. MOBAC needs Public Director for Vice Chair in the next fiscal year. Uhlinger as Chair of this meeting will appoint Council members to the Nominating Committee.
9. News was shared by libraries attending.
10. Agenda items for next meeting:
- Report from Strategic Committee
- Literacy Campaign Update
- Meeting dates for FY 14/15 and summer schedule discussion
- Confirm all current committees
- Report from Nominating committee
- OCLC contract FY 14/15
Next MOBAC Council meeting: June 13, 2014 at Marina Branch, Monterey County Free Library