MOBAC Technology Committee
Meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month
2016/17 Co-Chairs: Glenn Tozier (MPC), Kristen Cardoso (MIIS)
May 17, 2017 from 2:00 – 4:00
Phil’s Fish House
Present: Kristen Cardoso (MIIS), Katie O’Connell (HML), Stacy DeMatteo (NPS), Glenn Tozier (MPC), Deborah Stephens (Hartnell), Kris Amaral (MCFL)
- Today’s recorder: Kristen
- Agenda review: Approved
- Approve minutes from last meeting: Tabled until next meeting.
- Admin Council report: No meeting this month, Kristen will attend in June.
- Workshop review:
– The first two presentations from the workshop have been uploaded to YouTube by Deborah. She is working on blurring out some personal information from Glenn’s presentation. Glenn may give it a try himself. Deborah recommended that all presenters sign release forms to be in keeping with best practices.
– Everyone agreed that starting at 9:00am instead of 8:30am is helpful for both attendees and presenters. It allows travel time and set-up time. Future workshops will begin at the same time.
– We spoke about our past ability to bring in outside presenters, but our funds are more limited now, making it difficult to pay for room and board, travel, and speaker fees for presenters.
– Kristen shared the responses received on the feedback forms filled out at the workshop. Overall, the feedback was very positive. A few people noted the confusion over using the microphone for questions, which did not amplify people’s voices but was used to ensure questions were audible on the recording. Kristen asked if there would be any easier way to do this in the future. Kris recommended informing everyone ahead of time about how the microphone worked, and then reminding them again when it came time to ask questions.
– A possible workshop topic for the future could be IT/Library relationships. Kris suggested Chris Ricker as a possible presenter. We considered Salinas, Watsonville, Monterey, and Cabrillo as potential sources for presenters. We would also want some IT people there as well. We would want to find someone with a good relationship to be a model, and to make sure we offer solutions for poor relationships. Stacy suggested the value in having someone high up in an organization be present also. Perhaps Inga from Monterey Public?
– Another possible workshop topic is EZProxy and best practices.
- New business: At our June meeting we will vote on our new chair/co-chairs. A chair will serve a term of one year, while a team of co-chairs will serve for two. Kristen and Glenn have completed their two year term. Deborah and Kris were nominated for the upcoming term, to be voted on at the June meeting.
- Public comment: None
- Next business meeting is: June 28, 2017
- Next business meeting place: MIIS