Technology Committee Meeting
Technology Committee Meeting – June 28, 2017
MOBAC Technology Committee
Meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month
2016/17 Co-Chairs: Glenn Tozier (MPC), Kristen Cardoso (MIIS)
June 28, 2017 from 2:00 – 4:00
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey Library 425 Van Buren St. Monterey, CA 93940
Present: Kristen Cardoso (MIIS), Katie O’Connell (HML), Stacy DeMatteo (NPS), Kris Amaral (MCFL), Kim Smith (MPL), Stacey Wiens (PGPL), Aloha Sargent (Cabrillo), Mila Rianto (Salinas) Minutes
- Today’s recorder: Kristen
- Agenda review: Approved
- Approve minutes from last two meetings: Approved
- Admin Council report: Jean Chapin attended on behalf of the Technology Committee. It was reported that the funding request procedure for committees has changed, and that funding is being opened up to library branches in addition to the committees.
- Funding requests for fall 2017: Kris reported that we have until July 7th to request funding for the fall, and then there will be another chance to request funding for the spring. The question then is whether or not the Tech Committee would like to hold two workshops like we used to do, or just continue offering one in the spring. It was decided that we would ask for the money, and if we did not use it for a fall workshop there would be no issue. – Possible topics for workshops were once again discussed, including virtual reality in libraries, as Salinas, MCFL, and SCPL have received Oculus Rift sets at their libraries (possible title: The Realities of Virtual Reality) and the assumption that millennials are IT experts.
- Chair elections: Deborah Stephens and Kris Amaral were elected co-chairs for the 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 terms.
- New business: None
- Public comment: None
- Next business meeting is: August 16, 2017
- Next business meeting place: MCFL Castroville