MOBAC Technology Committee Meeting
Thursday, September 16, 2010
2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Hartnell College Library
Ann Hubble, UCSC
Deborah Stephens, WAT
Gregg Yearwood, MPC
Stacy DeMatteo, SPL
Doug Holtzman, MPL
Jennifer Fellguth, HCL
- Today’s note take – Jennifer Fellguth
- Agenda review: the agenda was reviewed and approved
- Approve minutes from the last meeting: the minutes of the June 17, 2010 meeting were approved by consensus.
- Administrative Council Report. Doug Holtzman reported that members have been assigned to various task forces to work on portions of the strategic plan. Chairs of committees will be involved in drafting and updating committee procedures.
- Committee Annual Report. Committee members reviewed last year’s report and drafted the 2010-2011 report. Deborah agreed to send Jennifer an electronic copy of the previous report for Jennifer to edit. Jennifer will send the draft to Doug and Deborah for review.
- Discussion: Future Technology Workshop. Committee members discussed the possibility of piggy-backing on the Internet Librarian Conference, and then decided to postpone the workshop until early December. Deborah and Stacy will contact potential speakers. Once speaker availability has been determined, a firm workshop date will be set and a venue booked.
- Discussion: Hands-On Workshop Ideas. Committee members suggested combining this workshop with the Future Technology Workshop to offer a full day of workshop activities-one portion in the morning, the second in the afternoon.
- Study: Recording and archiving training sessions. What are the options for recording and archiving? What are the legal requirements? The committee decided to test two types of recording options at the next Technology Committee meeting to compare technologies.
- New Business. Deborah will take over responsibility for maintaining the website.
- The next meeting will be held on Oct. 21, 2010 at Cabrillo College.