MOBAC Technology Committee
2011-2012 Chair: Eric Mitchell, UCSC
February 23, 2012
Members attending: Catherine Webb (MPC), Erik McDonald (MPC), Doug Holtzman (MPL), Steve Watkins (CSUMB), Eric Mitchell (UCSC), Tiffany Mair (MCFL), Pam Poandl (Cabrillo), Deborah Stephens (Watsonville), James Ghiorzi (SBCFL)
- Today’s recorder: Tiffany Mair
- Agenda Review
- Approve Minutes from last meeting: Approved
- Move meeting future meeting day?
- Due to scheduling difficulties amongst members, the current meeting schedule stands for now. While the current schedule isn’t the best for all members, suggested alternatives have been even harder to accommodate.
- Future Technology Workshop debrief
- We had about 14 people attending and all MOBAC committees but ILL were represented.
- Overall comments were very positive. Some respondents said that the workshop seemed to be geared toward people with low expertise. Committee members felt that this is actually a positive since so many people who may be using the equipment may have very little experience with videography.
- As a result of the workshop, there is a video on the website detailing set-up of the equipment.
- Admin Council approval re videotaping issues
- Jayanti will run the release wording by a lawyer for further review. There may be further changes but otherwise the materials are complete.
- Spring Workshop, GDAO?
- Potential date: May 4, potential location: Horticultural Center at Cabrillo
- The Reference committee is also looking at offering an event related to the Grateful Dead archive. Catherine will follow up and see if these events might be able to be combined and/or coordinated. Since they have already selected a date, the potential date of the workshop may change.
- New Business
- Information/resource sharing and news from the libraries
- Next business meeting: Thursday, March 22nd at 2pm
- Next business meeting place: Watsonville (to be confirmed)