Technology Committee Minutes: December 2011


MOBAC Technology Committee

2011-12 Chair: Eric Mitchell, UCSC

Meeting Minutes
December 15, 2011
Cabrillo College Library

Members attending: Stephanie Staley (Cabrillo), Georg Romero (Cabrillo, Admin Council), Pam Poandl (Cabrillo), Stacy DeMatteo (NPS), Catherine Webb (MPC), Tiffany Mair (MCFL), Steve Watkins (CSUMB), Deborah Stephens (Watsonville), Deborah Lipoma (SCPL)

1. Today’s recorder:  Steve Watkins

2. Agenda Review:  Administrative Council report added

3. The minutes of the October 27, 2011 meeting were approved as presented

4. Administrative Council Report (Georg Romero)
As followup to the planning retreat, additional research was assigned to appropriate committees:

  • Admin Council — analyze administrative support costs and support needs
  • ILL Committee — delivery options
  • Reference Committee — shared database alternatives and usage study

Strategies for managing the remaining MOBAC fund balance may include a hiatus on fully-funded workshops with consideration given to possibly collecting modest registration fees.

Website updating — the Admin Council Chair-Elect will be responsible for managing the Council’s web content.  All groups are reminded to enter planned events into the website calendar as soon as possible after the dates are known.

Efforts will be made to identify backups for the Admin Council liaisons to the standing committees in order to maximize attendance at committee meetings.  Conference call participation should be explored as an option.  It will help the liaisons if meeting locations are known ahead of time.

5. The committee’s Annual Report was approved as drafted.

6. The Videorecording hands-on workshop has been rescheduled for Friday, January 20th at the MPC Library. Stephanie will update they flyer and Deborah S. will send announcement out to all the discussion lists.

7. Future Technology Workshop — to feature the Grateful Dead digital archiving project at UC Santa Cruz, tentatively scheduled for May 4, 2012 pending speaker and venue availability. Stephanie and Pam will investigate the availability of the Cabrillo College Horticultural Center.

8. Next business meeting is:  Thursday, February 23, 2012, 2:00 – 4:00, location to be determined.  There was discussion about possibly changing the monthly meeting date from the 4th Thursday to a Tuesday if more people would be able to attend regularly.  It was also suggested that once the meeting dates for the first half of 2012 are entered into the website calendar, members could volunteer to host specific meetings by editing the calendar entries.

Scroll to Top