MOBAC Technology Committee
Meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month
2015/16 Co-Chairs: Glenn Tozier (MPC), Kristen Cardoso (MIIS)
February 17, 2016 from 2:00 to 4:00
Monterey Peninsula College
Present: Steve Watkins, CSUMB; Kristen Cardoso (MIIS), Deborah Stephens (Hartnell), Glenn Tozier (MPC)
- Today’s recorder: Glenn Tozier
- Agenda Review – approved with no additions
- Approve Minutes from last meeting – Approved as presented
- Admin Council Report: Kristen reported that Admin Council is looking at their Strategic Plan and considering if they want to continue in their current structure or not. There are 30 open Librarian positions in the California Community Colleges, and there are several library positions open locally.
- Request for funds ($50) from Reference Committee: Approved, Kristen will double-check with Donna to make sure that we have the money.
- Topics: Writing for the Web, Content Maintenance (specific to Libguides), and designing web content to work on all devices were proposed.
- We’re looking at late May, and Kristen will check with Chris about using the Marina branch library for a location.
- MOBAC Regional Catalog is going away.
- MOBAC YouTube channel & closed-captioning: We have a MOBAC Tech channel using the account email@example.com. Steve will attempt to upload a raw video file from the camera, as this will simplify the process significantly.
- Zoom practice meeting: We had four people join us on various devices, and enjoyed ourselves playing around with the new tool. We did find that Zoom is not compatible with Chrom OS, and that functionality differs slightly on different operating systems/platforms.
- New business – None
- Public Comment – None
- Next business meeting is: 3/16/2016
- Next business meeting place: Hartnell.