MOBAC Technology Committee
Meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month
2012/13 Chair: Stephanie Staley, Cabrillo College Library
May 15, 2013 from 2:00 to 4:00
Cabrillo College Library
Attending: Steve Watkins (CSUMB), Stephanie Staley (Cabrillo), Deborah Stephens (Hartnell), Chris Ricker (MCFL), Stacy DeMatteo (NPS), Randall Vevea (Watsonville), and Monica Wilmot (MIIS)
- Today’s recorder: Steve Watkins
- Agenda Review: The agenda was approved with no changes
- Minutes from the April 2013 meeting were approved with minor edits
- Admin Council Report: The Admin Council had not met since our April meeting. They are scheduled to meet on Friday, June 14, at the Pacific Grove Library and hopefully Doug Holtzman can attend to represent the committee. It was reported that at the recent PLP meeting, CENIC presented options for potential expansion of network connections to local libraries, schools and hospitals. Much of the connectivity in the southern Monterey Bay region may already be provided by CENIC.
- Hands on workshop planning: There was discussion of potential issues with the previous suggestion of holding a hands-on workshop at which attendees would attempt to help a member library solve technical problems and the idea was shelved. However, the other idea of a workshop on writing for the web was embraced after Stacy reported that two of her library staff at NPS are currently offering an in-house version of just such training. She will ask them if they would be willing to do a half-day version (e.g., 9:00 – 1:00) of the training for MOBAC. Tentative dates for the workshop include Thursday, September 26, Thursday or Friday, October 3 or 4, and Thursday or Friday, October 17 or 18. The MPC Library was mentioned as a possible workshop location.
- New business: No new business
- Public Comment: No comments received
- Next business meeting is: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 2:00 – 4:00
- Next business meeting place: CSU Monterey Bay Library