Draft Minutes— September 17, 2014 —
MOBAC Technology Committee
Meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month
2014/15 Co-Chairs: Stacey DeMatteo, Naval Post-Graduate School
Ashlee Wright, Harrison Memorial Library
September 17, 2014 from 2:00 to 4:00
Monterey County Free Libraries, Administrative Offices
188 Seaside Circle, Marina Ca 93933
Present: Stacey DeMatteo, NPS; Ashlee Wright, HML; Chris Ricker, MCFL; Katharine Dixon, SPL; Deborah Stephens, HCL
- Today’s recorder: Deborah Stephens
- Agenda Review – add question about the library services survey from Georg
- Approve Minutes from last meeting – approved
- Admin Council
- PLP update – CLA opens additional funds proposal, but not available to academic. Technology Innovation grant opening soon.
- ILL Committee webpage with help topics regarding new OCLC interface is up.
- Literacy campaign – eligibility for training funds, possible workshop for MOBAC. They are starting with Monterey County.
- The new MPL director is Bill Michael.
- Annual Committee Report
- Ashlee distributed draft, will submit with discussed changes.
- Hands-On Workshop planning
- Workshop focus will key off of strategic plan initiatives. Initiative B-2 is to evaluate usefulness of recording workshops. Stacy will check with Steve about usage of videos.
- MOBAC Meeting Room Survey and Library Services Survey
- Library Services survey – convert tables to database? Tabled to next month.
- Meeting Room survey Initiatives C-1-3 – incorporate into Library Services survey. What questions should be asked about meeting rooms? Revised Stacy’s draft questions. Ashlee will draft questions regarding virtual meeting attendance to address initiative C-1.
- New Business
- Discussion of how many members constitute quorum; will place on agenda for next month.
- Public Comment – None
- Next business meeting is: 10/15/14
- Next business meeting place: CSUMB