Present: Don, Courtney, Karen, Jane, Dina
- Charlie Bone Series (CD)
- Dark is Rising Series (CD)
- Charles and Emma: The Darwin’s Leap of Faith (CD)
- The River between Us by Peck (CD)
- Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat (CD)
- Lulu and the Brontosaurus
- Old CDS by Carol Stirrine (craft book)
- Man Gave Names to all the Animals by Dylan (book with CS)
Wed, Feb 16 – MCFL Administration Office, Marina
Fri, April 15 – Workshop – Watsonville Library
Tues, May 17 – Steinbeck Library, Salinas
Wed, Aug 17 – Carmel Library
Fri, Oct 21 – MCFL Administration Office, Marina
Tues, Dec 20 – Steinbeck Library, Salinas
- Proposed Date and Place: April 15, 9-1:00, Watsonville Public Library (as per Susan’s email)
- Proposed Topic: Tweens (4- 7 grades) Possible components:
- Guest speaker providing expertise on characteristics of age
- Book talking related to fiction and non-fiction curriculum
- Teaching library skills
- Summer Reading Tie-In (programming and/or book lists
- Karen will speak to Susan and begin looking for speakers.
Graphic Novel Bookmark
- Don will call Ben and Donna concerning a payment concern.
New Assignment/ Next Publication
- Courtney will serve as the Publications Chairwoman.
- Ideas for next publication:
- Tween Summer Reading List
- Humor List – update
- Historical Fiction List- new
- Best for Kindergarten List – new
- Best for Preschool List- new
Summer Reading Partnership Ideas
- Cost Plus World Market, Santa Cruz, Marina – Jeanne or Courtney look into?
- Defense Language Institute and Naval Post Graduate School – Karen will explore
- Monterey Language Capital of the World – Karen will explore
- Tung Yi Kimura, Asian Library Specialist at El Gabilan, Salinas, may have ideas to share.
Summer Reading Programming
- Joanne, Don and Courtney plan to attend the Performer’s Showcase on Feb 5th.
- The Big Box on the PLP site is a good resource.