Present: Don (Salinas), Jane (MCFL), Courtney (MCFL), Jeanne (SC), Mary (MCFL)
- Mirror by Jeannie Baker
- The Peace Library at Cabrillo College is children’s collection that can be searched online by topic and age appropriateness. It is used by the Early Childhood Classes and is an especially useful resource for “tender topics” like adoption and divorce.
- Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbara Kingsolver
- Hunger Games Trilogy
- Three Pines Mystery Series by Louise Penny
Reference Committee Joint Meeting – Mary Housel
- Working with instructors
- E books
- Favorite References, print and electronic
- Marketing Data bases
The last idea generated the most discussion.
Tuesday, May 17, morning, Steinbeck or Castroville
Wednesday, August 17, Harrison
Mary will take the suggestions to the MOBAC Reference Meeting and let us know what is decided.
Susan and Karen are in communication. The date is Friday, April 15, at Watsonville Library.
Graphic Novel Brochure and Bookmark
It has been ordered by Ben.
- Courtney attended the Performer’s Showcase. The programs at MCFL are all on Wednesdays and Thursdays plus one Saturday at the end. Three are scheduled per day. Courtney will email us a list of dates and performers in case another system would like to piggyback.
- Recommended performance: Watsonville Taiko Drum. This group is minimal cost, very flexible and allows children to participate.
Teen Tech Week
Take a look at the Teen Zone on the MPL web page to see the “Mix and Match” Contest Ben has planned for the month of March.
Organizational Review Suggestions
Ben: Please include address and phone number of hosting library when posting meeting dates on facebook.
Don: Please do the same when emailing meeting agendas.
Confirmation of Meeting Dates and Venues
Jane called Grace in Carmel and confirmed the date of Wednesday, August 17, at her branch.